- What are the dates of the Festival?
The Festival opens on Tuesday, September 8 at 18h00 EDT (00h00 CET – 07h00 JST) and closes on Sunday, September 13 at 23h00 EDT (Monday, September 14 at 05h00 CEDT – 12h00 JST).
- What does “hybrid format” mean?
The Festival will be held in hybrid format this year, i.e. with physical events at two venues in Montréal, as well as virtual events online via the virtual.mutek.org platform.
- Do I have to pay?
The online program is completely free, and accessible by registering on the virtual.mutek.org platform. However, for performances in physical venues, you need to buy a ticket – available from noon on Wednesday, August 26 on our website.
- Why make a donation?
When we decided to go ahead with the event in the COVID-19 context, our main goal was to support the artists, technicians, and cultural organizations involved, all of whom are paid for their participation in the Festival. For the first time in 21 years, MUTEK is offering its entire program online and for free. Donations will allow us to compensate for the lack of revenue from this year’s festival; they will also enable us to work on a program for next year that is more diverse and inclusive than ever. To thank you for your support, we will offer benefits at this year’s festival, as well as for 2021 passports.
- What is MUTEK Forum?
MUTEK Forum is the professional component of the MUTEK Festival, dedicated to expertise in digital creativity. It will take place between Tuesday, September 8 and Friday, September 11, 2020, both online via the Swapcard platform, and at the Société des arts technologiques (SAT) in Montréal. Click here for details of the program and here to buy your passport.
- How do I attend the online festival?
To attend the online festival, you need to sign up on the virtual.mutek.org platform. Registration opens at noon EDT, on Tuesday, August 25 (6pm CEDT – Wednesday, August 26, 1am JST). The platform is free to access.
- For how long will the content be available online?
Live performances will be streamed between Tuesday, September 8 and Sunday, September 13, 2020. The full schedule for the Americas is available here. All performances will be replayed at alternative times for European and Asian timezones, until Sunday, September 13, 2020.
- What can I expect from the online festival platform?
The platform offers an immersive experience where you can explore:
- 3 virtual Stages with over 60 performances
- An interactive art Gallery
- An Auditorium for masterclasses and conferences
- A listening room for MUTEK archives of the last 20 years
- A chat space, available when you make a donation
- What if I have questions about the virtual platform?
For any questions about the online festival, write to email@example.com.
- How can I attend the festival in person?
You can buy your ticket via our website.
- What is the set-up at the Société des Arts Technologiques?
Chairs will be set up at a safe distance from each other. Your seat is assigned when you buy your ticket. Seats cannot be moved. Walkways will be in place to allow you to move around safely. Hand sanitizer gel stations will be available in the building.
- What is the set-up at the Place des Arts – Cinquième Salle?
Seats will be assigned when you buy your ticket and are sold in quantities of 1 or 2 places. You can select your seats on the Place des Arts website. Walkways will be in place to allow you to move around safely. Hand sanitizer gel stations will be available in the building.
- Is there a bar?
A bar will be available, with service at your seat.
- Can I dance?
Unfortunately not! You need to remain seated, in the seat assigned to you.
MUTEK is committed to provide you with a safe environment. Our measures for hygiene, cleaning, and disinfecting our event venues comply with the recommendations of the Institut national de santé publique de Québec. Our venues will be set up to allow for physical distancing, and they will be cleaned and disinfected regularly. We ask that all guests respect the following guidelines:
- You must wear a mask to move around the venue.
- You have an assigned seat, which is numbered. You keep the same seat throughout the entire event.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, difficulty breathing, extreme fatigue, sudden loss of smell), or if you think you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, do not come to the venue.
- When you arrive, the door staff will ask a few questions about your health. They will also tell you the measures you need to follow while at the event.
- MUTEK reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone who does not respect health and safety measures.
- Keep a 2-metre distance between you and other people at all times.
- Your ticket is registered under your name. If you transfer it to someone else, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I have questions about tickets?
Please write to email@example.com.