- What is MUTEK Forum?
MUTEK Forum is the professional component of the MUTEK Festival, dedicated to expertise in digital creativity. It will take place between Tuesday, September 8 and Friday, September 11, 2020, both online via the MUTEK Forum platform, and at the Société des arts technologiques (SAT) in Montréal. Click here for details of the program and here to buy your passport.
- What are the dates of the Forum?
The Forum opens on Tuesday, September 8 at 13h00 EST (19h00 CET – 02h00 JST) and closes on Friday, September 11 at 17h00 EST (Saturday, September 12 23h00 CET - 06h00 JST). All the Forum activities will be available for re-watch until September 20.
- What does “hybrid format” mean?
The Forum will be held in hybrid format this year, i.e. with physical events at the Société des Arts Technologiques in Montréal, as well as virtual events via the MUTEK Forum platform—also available as a mobile app.
- Do I have to pay for online Forum events?
To access the online Forum, you need to buy a passport via our website. Three options are available: the Forum Discovery Passport, allowing you to access content; the Forum Full Passport, allowing you to access content and connect with other participants; and the Forum Company Passport, allowing you to access content, connect with other participants, and add up to three profiles on the platform.
- Do I have to pay for physical Forum events?
To attend Forum events in Montréal, you need to buy a passport via our website. Passports are valid for a half-day of events.
- How do I access the Online Forum?
To log in to the Swapcard platform for the first time, click the link in the automatic email you received from email@example.com. For all following logins, you can access Forum events directly via the Swapcard platform or the mobile app iOS et Play Store.
- How do I contact other participants?
To contact other Forum participants, you need a Full or Company Passport. The platform works like a social network. Update your profile and send contact requests to participants.
- How do I access the list of exhibitors at the MUTEK Forum virtual market?
To find exhibitors that interest you, log in to the MUTEK Forum platform and click the Virtual market button. Target your search by using the filters: Filter A, Filter B, Filter C, and Filter D. Save exhibitors to your personal list by adding them to your favourites.
- For how long will the content be available online?
Events are live-streamed from Montréal from Tuesday, September 8 and Friday, September 11, 2020. All events will be available to re-watch via the platform until September 20.
- What if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, you can reset it via the login page. Enter your email address and click on Send me a magic link. You will receive a link via email to reset your password.
- What if I have questions about the virtual platform?
For any questions about the MUTEK Forum platform, check the guides available here, the User Guide or the Exhibitor Guide. If you don’t find the answer to your question, write to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include MUTEK Forum in the subject line. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
- How can I attend the Forum in person?
From noon EDT on Tuesday, August 25, you can buy your ticket via our website.
- What is the set-up at the Société des Arts Technologiques?
Chairs will be set up at a safe distance from each other. Your seat is assigned when you buy your ticket. Seats cannot be moved. Walkways will be in place to allow you to move around safely. Hand sanitizer gel stations will be available in the building.
MUTEK is committed to providing you with a safe environment. Our measures for hygiene, cleaning and disinfecting our event venues comply with the recommendations of the Institut national de santé publique de Québec.
Our venues will be set up to allow for physical distancing, and they will be cleaned and disinfected regularly.
We ask that all guests respect the following guidelines:
- You must wear a mask to move around the venue.
- You have an assigned seat, which is numbered. You keep the same seat throughout the entire event.
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms (cough, fever, difficulty breathing, extreme fatigue, sudden loss of smell), or if you think you have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19, do not come to the venue.
- When you arrive, the door staff will ask a few questions about your health. They will also tell you the measures you need to follow while at the event.
- MUTEK reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone who does not respect health and safety measures.
- Keep a 2-metre distance between you and other people at all times.
Your ticket is registered under your name. If you transfer it to someone else, please notify us at email@example.com.
What if I have questions about tickets?
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org.