Internship Offer: Sustainability Project Manager
MUTEK is an international festival of digital creativity and electronic music. The 23rd edition of the Festival will be held from August 23 to 28, 2022 in Montreal. MUTEK has been committed for more than 10 years to reducing its ecological impact and wishes to go even further this year.
We are looking for a passionate person, sensitive to ecological and sustainable development concerns, with an interest in event planning. The person occupying the position of sustainability project manager will help in the development, implementation, and monitoring of actions, in collaboration with the internal contact person. He/She/They will work with the different departments and discover the inner workings of a festival of international stature. The position is open-ended and adapts to the profile and aptitudes of the trainee, in order to optimize his/her/their experience and added value for the organization. MUTEK works in a friendly and collaborative atmosphere where everyone's voice is heard and appreciated. The internship will take place in accordance with government regulations, in the office and/or teleworking.
Attention will be given to employment equity in the hiring process to address gaps in the representation of groups considered as minorities, including women, non-binary people, Black, Indigenous, racialized minorities and/or LGBTQIA2+ communities and/or persons with disabilities.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the application of ecological policy in various departments: communication, production, reception, etc.
- Monitor performance indicators linked to set objectives, collect related data: waste, energy impact, recycling, etc.
- Coordinate and oversee the collection of the waste, recycling and compost disposal across the different Festival and Forum venues
- Develop and monitor partnerships with suppliers and specialized and certified organizations: caterer, local transport, printer
- Prepare content for dedicated communications
- Produce a report on the actions taken
- Monitor good practices and trends
- Be enrolled in a study program in ecology and/or sustainable development
- Demonstrate a keen interest in the issues of ecology in events
- Be autonomous while having a collaborative team spirit
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment during the Festival dates. Prior events and/or logistical experience is an asset.
- Demonstrate rigour in accomplishing missions and taking initiatives is encouraged
- Fluency in French or English (written and spoken)
Duration and Conditions:
Period: 140h from June to August or 240h from May to August ( or flexible following the university internship requirements)
Hours: 15h week (to be specified according to the duration of the course)
Required equipment: a laptop
Allowances: reimbursement of credits and OPUS monthly subscription, per diem during the Festival
Send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 28, 2022. Please indicate the job title for which you are submitting your application in the subject line of the email. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Photo Credit: Salome Perli by Bruno Destombes