MUTEK does not tolerate harrassment, discrimination and hateful speech: no sexism, racism, homophobia or transphobia.
Since 2017, the festival has been collaborating with PLURI, a not-for-profit organization which aims to reduce harrassment and promote inclusivity at events. As a result, MUTEK has adopted the following measures:
- Rest zones will be available in our two main venues.
- PLURI volunteers and outreach workers will be circulating through all of our venues, and will be stationed at designated areas offering support and a place to rest. They will be identified by the yellow "Party Support" patch they'll be wearing. They are there to answer any questions and act to remedy any negative situations.
- Festival-goers at our events have the right to use the restroom of their choice, in order to ensure the comfort and safety of trans and non-binary people. Most of our venues will offer a gender neutral option for bathrooms, and we will put up signage so you can find them more easily.
- PLURI staff are also equipped with naloxone kits.
Please join us in creating a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere for everyone.
For several years now MUTEK has been committed to taking concrete measures in sustainable development, in order to reduce its environmental impact and to mobilize festival-goers on social and ecological issues.
Measures adopted by MUTEK in the organization of the festival include:
- Unrecovered found objects handed over to an association
- Fountain with free access on all sites
- A-C-T backstage
- Reusable bottle of water for the artits
- Catering with compostable plate
- Reusable cup Ecocup for MUTEK's bar
- Reduction of print programm and tickets with MUTEK app and e-ticket
- Flyers ans programs printed on recycled paper with natural ink
- Eco management waste on free outdoor scene with Echo Logique
- Student rates and group rates
- All venues accessible to people with reduced mobility
- Volunteers involved in the event
- Emploi Quebec subventioned employees
- Collaboration with PLURI
- Tote bag manufactured by Les petites mains
- Foods, Drinks and Catering with local provider
Our efforts have already been rewarded by ICI ON RECYCLE!, which is overseen by RECYC-QUÉBEC