Call for Projects: MUTEK Montréal 25 years
Deadline | January 15, 2024
The call for projects for the 25th anniversary of MUTEK, which will be held in Montreal from August 20 to 25, 2024 is now open.
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL
Please note that this call is open ONLY to:
- Canadian artists
- Indigenous artists residing in Canada or native of the territories that we now call Canada
- Foreign artists residing in Canada.
International submissions will therefore not be considered.
We are particularly interested in:
- Unpublished live musical performances, mainly electronic,
- Innovative digital audiovisual performances that explore the relationship between image and sound,
- Any other type of project that pushes the limits of digital creation or uses innovative technologies.
MUTEK's vocation is to present live musical and sound performances. Therefore, DJ mixes will not be considered.
We strongly encourage applicants to accompany their submissions with video and/or audio recordings of their performances. The submission deadline is January 15, 2024.
With the intention of continuing our initiatives in favor of parity and inclusion, in particular with the Keychange program, we encourage submissions from artists who identify as female or non-binary, black, indigenous or belonging to a racialized minority and/or LGBTQIA2S+ communities or people with disabilities.
If, for accessibility reasons, you wish to submit your proposal in a format other than the online form, please contact the MUTEK team at the following email address: email@example.com. For example, you can submit a two minute video that explains your creative project.
Please also contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any question regarding your submission with the subject: Submission // Project name.
Due to the large volume of submissions, only selected artists will be contacted. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest!