Useful tips for your trip
Important info for those traveling from outside Canada
→ VISA AND OTHER DOCUMENTATION
Visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada are expected to have an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S citizens and travelers with a valid Canadian visa.
To find out whether or not you have a visa, please visit the Canada Immigration & Citizenship website.
→ CONVERTING YOUR CURRENCY
You can convert money at the pricier Pierre Elliot Trudeau Airport currency exchange, at your hotel, or simply by using your ATM card at any bank, which will cost a smaller fee (best option). There are also numerous currency exchanges located downtown that offer competitive rates.
Service is not included in your restaurant bill, so it's customary to add a 15% tip to the total before taxes ( if you're with a group, 15% for service may be automatically added to your bill). Taxi drivers, delivery people, etc, are also normally tipped 10% to 15%. Porters, doormen, etc. Generally, receive at least $1 per suitcase or per service rendered.
We are proud to present an exceptional offer for the second year in the Festival’s history. Thanks to the collaboration with Air Canada as official festival transporter of MUTEK 2022, we invite our community to fly to Montreal and (re)live the unique experience of a festival in full reopening.
Take advantage of the MUTEK 2022 special promotion:
- 15% off base fares on flights operated by Air Canada towards Montreal by using the promotional code 22MUTEK valid for travel before Wednesday, September 7th, 2022
Air Canada offers the highest quality carbon offsets through “Less”, an independently audited program. Don’t forget to compensate for your emissions!
Terms and conditions
- Only tickets purchased from aircanada.com and operated by Air Canada are valid
- All applicable fees, such as airport/departure taxes, security charges or other third party fees, taxes or charges are the sole responsibility of the bearer of the ticket.
- Once your ticket has been issued, the origin and destination cannot be changed. However, a change to the flight time, and/or travel date is permitted. Please go to aircanada.com, select “My Bookings/Flights” and make your change. A change fee per ticket may apply.
- Your ticket is not transferable, not refundable, and not redeemable for cash.
- Frequent flyer mileage accumulation is permitted.
- Stopovers or multi-city itineraries, the use of eUpgrade credit, and entry into the Signature Suite are not permitted.
- Air Canada Signature Class may not be available on all flights.
The offer is valid from now until September 7th, 2022 (end of travel period).
Getting to Montréal
Air Canada offers a 15% discount on all flights headed to Montréal during the Festival : learn more about the offer on our Tourism tips page.
From Pierre-Elliott Trudeau Airport take the shuttle bus 747 towards the central bus station and access the metro system from there. More information.
With VIA Rail, you can explore Canada while enjoying stunning scenery, comfortable reclining seats and thoughtful service.
We strongly recommend car sharing, an eco-responsible and simple way to get to the festival.
Once in Montréal
As parking is often difficult to find downtown, we strongly suggest you get to the festival by walking, biking, taxi or by public transport.
The metro stations near the venues of the festival are Berri-UQAM (green, yellow, and orange lines), Saint-Laurent (green line), and Place-des-arts (green line). There are also multiple bus lines to take you into the neighborhood of the festival. More information on public transport.
BIXI: You can rent a bicycle for the day or the week, a nice way to enjoy the summer and see more of the city! Multiple stations are available near the venues of the festival.
Parking is available in the vicinity of the festival, you can find information about locations and prices here.