MUTEK Edition 23: Embracing New Realities
Marked by a return of audiences from all over the world, gathered to witness innovative and dreamlike performances, the 23rd edition of the Festival unraveled in a week of rich and memorable moments from August 23 to 28, 2022 in Montreal.
138 artists from 26 countries for a total of 82 live performances animated four venues in the Quartier des spectacles. 14 digital artworks were presented at the Tranquille esplanade or on the virtual.mutek.org platform, delivering 62 never-before-seen premieres to the curious and loyal public.
MUTEK also took a new step in digital creativity as a producer of extended reality (XR) works with the Immersive Collection, soon to be available on Steam.
- machìna – Circular saw
- Vanyfox – Kitana
- Handsome Tiger – DECOLONIZE
- Handsome Tiger – MAAJIIGI
- Cora Novoa - Technological Systems (Turbo Recordings)
- Direction: Yann-Manuel Hernandez
- Production: Studio Épiphanie
- Videography: Yann-Manuel Hernandez, Amine Sahed
- Equipment: Royal Photo