6th edition of d’Atelier Grand Nord XR
Montreal, March 8, 2022 – The 6th edition of Atelier Grand Nord XR (AGN XR), the international scriptwriting event dedicated towards virtual reality projects organized by the Société de développement des entreprises culturelles (SODEC), will take place from April 22 to 29, 2022, in Montebello, Outaouais. SODEC takes this opportunity to announce the beneficiaries of the first Propulsion AGN XR program, whose objective is to offer additional support to projects that have participated in previous editions of AGN XR in order to bring them to production.
AGN XR : to encourage the emergence of virtual reality projects
Built on a formula similar to that of its big brother, the traditional Atelier Grand Nord, AGN XR is structured around French-speaking virtual, augmented and mixed reality projects. The event offers a privileged opportunity for participants to discuss their projects with consultants, to feed reflection on their respective works, to promote the circulation of ideas and points of view, and to create links with the aim of fostering peer work on future productions or co-productions.
The cohort meets behind closed doors from April 22 to 26 and will continue its experience with two days of company visits to Montreal on April 28 and 29, organized by Xn Québec
The Quebec projects selected at this workshop each received a $100,000 grant from SODEC to develop their expertise.
- L’enfant perdu: Justice Rutikara, screenwriter and artistic director,Chélanie Beaudin-Quintin, VR director and designer, Mylène Augustin and Marie Ka, co-producers // Inaru Films
- Luc Langevin, l’art du risque : Luc Langevin and Claude Veillet, co-writers and co-producers, John Hamilton, technology consultant //Téléfiction inc.
- You Can Call Me Max?: Maude Huysmans, Creative Director and Designer, Club Sexu, Samuel Greffe, Creative Director and Interactive Designer // Les Brigands // Coline Delbaere, immersive experience producer // Studio Phi
- Témoignages d’outre-temps: Jean Dubois, screenwriter and designer, Serge Noël, producer // Possibles Media
- Traces : le processeur de peine : Vali Fugulin, designer and director,Ziad Touma, producer // Couzin Films
- Darwin – À l’origine de l’origine Andrés Jarach and Gordon, directors,Chloé Jarry, producer // Lucid Realities, in co-production with the National Museum of Natural History for the VR series
- Moi Fauve (France) Joséphine Derobe and Claire Allante, authors, Voyelle Acker, producer // Small Studio
Consultants and consultants 2022:
- Plenary moderator and consultant : Dominic Desjardins, director and producer // Zazie Films (Canada).
- Alex Quevillon, developer // Felix & Paul Studios (Québec).
- Jean-Pascal Beaudoin, co-founder and creative & sound director // Headspace Studio (Québec).
- Eloi Champagne, technical director of the animation studio // Office national du film du Canada (Québec).
- Émilie F. Grenier, creative director // Thinkwell Studio Montréal (Québec).
- Marie Brassard, director and artistic director // Infrarouge (Québec).
- Maude Thibodeau, experienced director and artistic director // Département, Studio créatif inc. (Québec).
- Paul Bouchard, XR acquisitions and distribution // Diversion cinema (Québec).
- Philippe Rebours, solution architect, Epic Games.
AGN XR is organized by the Société de développement des entreprises culturelles (SODEC), in collaboration with MUTEK, with the support of the Centre national du cinéma et de l'image animée (CNC), Film Fund Luxembourg, descreen.brussels and hub.brussels, the Foundation for Continuing Education for Cinema and Audiovisual (FOCAL) and Cinéforom,
This project is part of the Quebec Digital Cultural Plan.
Propulsion AGN XR
Nine projects that have already participated in previous editions of AGN XR have received exceptional additional financial support amounting to nearly $650,000. This assistance was granted to support the final stages of development of their project and help them move to the production stage.
This initiative is part of Component 5 (strategic initiatives) of the export and cultural outreach support program - cinema/television production and has received additional support from the Ministry of Culture and Communications for producers of digital experiences. The projects are:
- À l’écoute des murs, produced by Studio Trébuchet inc.
- Chasing Ghosts, produced by Département, Studio créatif inc.
- Joseph Rouleau, produced by Les Films Camera Oscura
- Les pieds en haut, produced by UNLTD inc.
- Melle Else, produced by 9404-2942 Québec inc.
- Métamorphose, produced by Arts et essai
- Nous sommes Anicinabe, produced by Films Nadagam
- Sherlock AR (XR), produced by Département, Studio créatif inc.
- The Garden, produced by Films E.D
SODEC's mandate is to promote and support the development of cultural enterprises in Quebec and abroad in the film and television production, book, crafts and music and variety sectors. SODEC also has the mandate to protect and enhance a heritage real estate stock of 32 buildings, reflecting Quebec's identity.