MUTEK Montréal 2023: Call for Projects
Deadline | January 31, 2023
The call for projectsfor the 24th edition of the MUTEK Festival, which will be held in Montreal from August 22 to 27, 2023 is now close. Thanks for all your submissions!
SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL
Please note that this call is open ONLY to:
- Canadian artists
- Indigenous artists residing in Canada or native of the territories that we now call Canada
- Foreign artists residing in Canada.
International submissions will therefore not be considered.
We are particularly interested in:
- Unpublished live musical performances, mainly electronic,
- Innovative digital audiovisual performances that explore the relationship between image and sound,
- Virtual, augmented or mixed reality works whose themes and artistic treatment are close to the MUTEK universe,
- Any other type of project that pushes the limits of digital creation or uses innovative technologies.
MUTEK's vocation is to present live musical and sound performances. Therefore, DJ mixes will not be considered.
We strongly encourage applicants to accompany their submissions with video and/or audio recordings of their performances. The submission deadline is January 31, 2023.
With the intention of continuing our initiatives in favor of parity and inclusion, in particular with the Keychange program, we encourage submissions from artists who identify as female or non-binary, black, indigenous or belonging to a racialized minority and/or LGBTQIA2S+ communities or people with disabilities.
If, for accessibility reasons, you wish to submit your proposal in a format other than via the online portal, please contact the MUTEK team at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org in order to take the necessary measures, and for any other question relating to your submission with the subject of the message: Submission // name of your project
Due to the large volume of submissions, only selected artists will be contacted. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest!